Monday 15 April 2013

(Winter) Spring Cleaning

Ok, so, it has been a LONG time since I've posted anything on my blog.  Yikes.  I basically skipped writing anything during the winter months...... oh wait, it's still winter here!  Yesterday I was feeling so excited at seeing lots of grass in our yard and the melt seemed to really be gaining momentum.  Then, I woke up to snow everywhere and it is still snowing here at 3:30 in the afternoon.  So I figured I could cry (that was my instinct) or I could just make the best of it.  Thankfully I started my day off with a good workout and healthy breakfast so I had a positive attitude ;)  I've decided that I am going to do some spring cleaning while I wait for spring.  Every day I am going to tackle one room in the house and clean it, get rid of anything we don't use, fix anything that is broken and organize the heck out of it.  I've been wanting to do this for a while but I needed a little push.  I guess 5cm of snow in mid-April was that push.

So, today I tackled our en suite and bedroom.  I am embarrassed to say that I took out two kitchen sized garbage bags full of stuff we don't use, boxes left behind, and broken things out of our tiny little en suite.  Seriously, this room is SMALL!  I am amazed at how we can hoard things.  It feels sooooo good to get rid of all that stuff and know that the only things left in that room are things that we use on a regular basis.

Then I moved on to the top of our dressers and my night table.  Those things were not too bad but I was too afraid of my husbands night table to even go near it.  Seriously, I will not even post a picture because it is so disgusting.  The two drawers are overflowing with everything from books to scrap paper to batteries to...... well, I'm not sure what most of it even is.  Guess what he's doing tonight ;)  Hopefully there is a hockey game on the radio that he can listen to because I think he may be there all evening.

Tomorrow is a busy day so I don't think any cleaning/organizing will get done but I think I may tackle the linen closet and the kids bedroom closets the next day.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to clean out the kids' craft room today. Keep up the good work!
    PS. I also wanted to cry when I saw the snow this morning.

    ReplyDelete