Monday 14 March 2011

Amazing What a Week Can Do

Last week at this time I could barely move, I wasn't sleeping, my toddler was a screaming mess and I cried at least once a day.  Now, a week later, we're getting a decent amount of sleep (knock on wood), Lillian seems to be adjusting much better, and I can move with very little discomfort.  We are almost at the two week mark which means that I am halfway to being able to pick up Lillian.  Yesterday she looked at me and said "Mommy, is your owie better so you can pick me up?"  I cannot wait for the day that I can go into her room in the morning, pick her up and cuddle her.  That will be a good day.  But until then, I think I'll be alright.  I am so encouraged by how good I feel, but I need to still remember that I had a pretty major surgery and I can't push it too much.  Even though life is not exactly predictable yet, it's starting to feel a little bit more "normal".  We've been getting out to playgroups, church, and visiting with friends which does so much for all of us.  We have discovered that we are a family that needs interaction.  We crave being around people.  We are so blessed to have amazing friends and family that we spent lots of time with and who have been so encouraging over the last two weeks and have blessed us SO much by providing food for our little family.  I could not ask for anything more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment