Thursday 12 January 2012

Cute but Rough

I love having a little boy.  At first I was not so sure, but now I would not trade him for the world.  He is so much fun and OH BOY is he cute!  I just love those big puffy cheeks.  I have noticed over the last few months the remarkable difference between my two children.  Both of them were very active and pretty easy going for the most part as infants but I am noticing that T seems to be more adventurous.  L was an early walker and pretty fearless while T is more cautious but willing to take biggest risks after he has calculated them.  For example, L never ever tried to climb anything.  I was never concerned about finding her on top of things.  T is the opposite.  I find him on top of things that I dídn't even think he could climb.  He is also crazy strong.  I cannot believe how much force he has.  This brings me to the point of today's post.  T is a bit of a Mommy's boy (which I actually really love) so I find that he often crawls to me and wants to be picked up, just for a few seconds, and then he is good to go and play again.  It's really very sweet, except that I keep coming away from our little cuddles sessions with war wounds.  It's not that he means to be rough, but he sure is.  Either I'm getting headbutted, pinched, hit, or my hair pulled.  He does it all in the effort to cuddle in as close as possible but that doesn't make it hurt any less.  It's kind of like cuddling a porcupine.  He may want to be held and loved but no matter how you do it, you end up getting hurt. By the time T is a big boy and doesn't want mommy's cuddles anymore it probably won't matter since I will have been injured so many times I won't have any feeling in my upper body.  Just kidding ;)  Until then, I will keep giving him all the cuddles he wants and hope that eventually, with so much practice, he may get pretty good at it.

Seriously, isn't he cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment