Monday 21 February 2011

Still Waiting..... But That's OK

I am officially two days overdue.  People keep trying to encourage me by saying that the baby will be here before I know it and to just hang in there.  I really do appreciate their encouragement especially because most of those women have been in my position before.  However, I am experiencing an interesting phenomenon..... I don't mind waiting.  Maybe I figured that since Lillian was late it was inevitable that this one would be too or maybe I'm afraid of labour, maybe I selfishly love my sleep, or maybe I just so desperately want Dean here for the delivery that I am more than willing to wait as long as possible to have this baby.  Whatever the reason, I am perfectly content to continue waiting.  Feeling this way sure makes the waiting easy.  So, if you see me in the next few days don't feel sorry for me, because I am perfectly fine.

On the other hand, poor Lillian would really like to meet her new brother or sister.  She asks me regularly if we can go to the doctor and get the baby out of mommy's tummy.  She is also very much looking forward to having a sleepover at Grandma's house and getting to have a bath in Grandma's big bathtub.  She is also very excited that when the baby comes Daddy does not have to go to work for a long time because he's going to stay home with us (thank you Paternity Leave!).  She is probably getting pretty sick of waiting for this baby that she's been hearing about for so long.  On the plus side, she's associating the new baby coming with all kinds of positive things which might help with sibbling rivalry..... at least for a week or so ;)

I don't really have much more to say.  Life feels like it is going in slow motion right now, but that is a feeling that comes very rarely in life so I've decided to embrace and enjoy it.... at least for another day or so.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you're content while waiting! I think I'm a little like Lillian. I'm not the one having the baby but I'm looking forward to meeting him/her. Hehehe.

    You're a very good writer, too, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete