Sunday 19 February 2012

Glad That Week is Over!

T was so tired that he fell
asleep sitting up in his crib.
Well, it's been a crazy few weeks in our house.  About two weeks ago T got a cold and started teething at the same time.  By last Sunday he popped four molars.  I was very happy when they were all through because he was started to be much happier.  After a week of poor sleeping both at night and during daytime naps, I was ready to get some sleep.  Then, this past Monday T got a fever.  It lasted for three days and even when he was on Tylenol his temperature was quite high.  By Wednesday the fever finally broke but then I started to notice spots behind his ears.  By Thursday afternoon his head, belly and back were covered.  I called Health Links just to make sure this was normal and after a lot of questions the nurse narrowed it down to baby measles.  There is nothing they can do for it so we just had to wait for it to get better.  Then, that night T slept awful.  He had coughing fits, he was throwing up, and he was crying in his sleep most of the night.  Sigh.  So, on Friday I took him to the doctor.  She also concluded it was just baby measles but she thought it would be best to keep the kids at home until at least Monday.  So, the kids and I stayed home from church today (the hubster had to sing so he went by himself).  L woke up looking very tired.  She sat on the couch with me and fell asleep shortly after waking up.  She woke up when hubby left and asked for a bucket.  Sigh.  So, I got her a bucket and left her on the couch while I quickly visited the washroom.  As I was in there I heard her begin to heave.  Sigh.  I quickly got downstairs to find her standing at the coffee table barfing into the pail I had given her.  Woo hoo!  Good aim!  When she was finished, she looked up at me calmly and said, "Could you get me something to wipe my mouth?" Stunned by her complete calm I studdered something and went to get a cloth.  When I came back she said, very matter of factly, "I had a little drink of water cause I thought it would make my tummy better but it made me throw up.  I think it's a little pink colored because of all the strawberries I ate yesterday." Then, she walked away and played like nothing ever happened.  She was fine for the rest of the day and even had a big appetite.  Strange.

L thought it was quite fun when we
put our old bed right in the middle
of her playroom.
 Added to this already crazy week was a new bed for my hubby and I!  We are very excited about it since our old mattress was terrible.  The first night we had it Dean was out of town for work and T was up most of the night so I didn't get to sleep in my new bed much.  Then, the next day, as I was having a shower in the morning L dozed off on the new bed and peed her pants while sleeping.  So, I found myself scrubbing pee out of my brand new mattress.  Then, for the next two nights the kids both slept terribly so I really did not get a chance to sleep in my brand new bed that looked so inviting.  Then, last night, after a week of craziness I went to bed nice and early.  By 9:00pm I was fast asleep in my new bed and by some miracle, both kids slept like a dream.  So after almost 10 hours in my new bed I can conclusively say, it is wonderful! 

Now that we have survived the past two weeks we are looking forward to some good ones.  In less than two weeks T will be turning one and then we are finally off on our family vacation.  Hopefully the kids bodies are good and immune to anything they come into contact with for the next few weeks.  Regardless of what goes on or how crazy and exhausting life gets, I am blessed.  I have a loving husband, two beautiful kids, a house, and a good doctor ;)  Even with measles and barfing, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment