Friday 22 July 2011

Road Trip

Dean and I have decided to take our first road trip with the kids.  I know that this may not seem all that groundbreaking to some of you, but for us it really is.  We've done destinations up to three hours away but now we are going on a seven hour drive.  When we first thought about doing it I was most concerned about L but then I thought about it for a while and now I am concerned about little T.  He is pretty good in the car but his favorite thing to do is to lay on the ground and roll around grabbing his toes.  If he can't do that for seven hours, I'm not sure how he's going to feel.  In general he's pretty laid back but it's still making me very nervous.  We are going to attempt to leave at.... are you ready..... 4:00AM!  Yep, we figured that doing as much of the trip while the kids are sleeping would be a good idea.  If we drive through the night then we are going to be exhausted when we arrive and since we are only going for the weekend, by the time we get over our exhaustion it will be time to go home already.  So, we figure that we could go to bed nice and early the night before so we are fairly well rested by the time 4:00AM comes around.  At least, that's the plan... (insert nervous laugh here).

I really do want to be one of those adventurous parents who takes her kids on fun adventures but it is very difficult to do that when you are a control freak like me.  So, I'm going to take a leap and just go for it.  It may be a train wreck but it may also go well and be the beginning of many more fun adventures.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment