Tuesday 26 July 2011

Feeling Healthy

Ok, so I'll admit it, as the years have gone by I may have begun to let myself go.  I love food, and I'm too busy to exercise.  A few weeks ago I went on a walk with my kids and I could not believe how exhausted I was. I try very hard not to conform to what media tells me is "beautiful".  I will never look like the models in magazines and as I am OK with that.  I don't feel the need to look a certain way but I do have a need to feel a certain way.  Healthy.  A few months after T was born I realized that I did not feel healthy.  So, a few weeks ago I decided to take action.  I've heard a few people talk about Jillian Michaels and how great she is so I decided to give her a try.  So, I went onto Amazon and ordered three (yes, three) of her videos.  It said that they would arrive in about 8-10 days. I figured that meant that I had 8-10 days to vegg and eat until I had to get serious about being healthy.  Then, only three days later a packaged arrived!  This was the first time I was ever upset about something arriving too early.  Stupid UPS!  I should have left the package closed for a few more days because once I started those videos I truly realized how out of shape I really was.  I started by using one video that is only 25 minutes long.  I ordered it because I figured that I didn't have any more time than that to actually work out (turns out I was right).  How much pain could you possibly be in after 25 minutes?  Let me answer that question for you....... a lot!  I didn't think I would be able to walk the next day.  I'm super embarrassed admitting that but I am proud to say that I got up and did the video again the next day.  I have been doing it everyday, except Sundays, for two weeks and I have to say that, in addition to no longer being in pain, I do feel much healthier.  And, I've lost three pounds.  I'm still a long way from my pre-pregnancy weight but I feel good.  I have more energy, I'm sleeping better, and the best part...... I can eat that yummy bowl of ice cream without any guilt.  Hmmm...... I don't think that's exactly what Jillian had in mind when she made those videos ;)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for sticking with Jillian! I borrowed "30 Day Shred" from a friend and I did it once. I was sore for about 3 days after that, and I haven't attempted it again since! :P

    ReplyDelete