Friday 9 December 2011

How Embarrassing!

Well, here's a new situation that I did not see coming.  Today I went to the mall with the kids to finish our Christmas shopping.  I went into a kitchen store to buy a gift for a gift exchange (the theme is kitchen gadgets).  As we were standing in line L asked me to pass me her Cheerios.  I gave them to her and she started laughing hysterically.  Then she said, very loudly, "Hey Mommy, pass me my pee!" It caught me very off guard and I was pretty embarrassed because the store was really busy and there were several people waiting behind me in line.  I leaned over and whispered in L's ear that we don't talk about pee outside of the bathroom.  I stood back up and gave an apologetic smile to all the people around me.  Then L started laughing again.  This time she loudly said, "Mommy, pass me my poop!" I immediately bent over and whispered in her ear that we do not talk about pee or poop outside of the bathroom.  I spoke quite sternly so I was pretty sure this little show was over.  Well, L started laughing even more hysterically and yelled, "Hey Mommy, pass me my FARTS!" This caught be so off guard that I actually let out a snicker that I really couldn't keep in.  Where does she get this stuff?  I got my giggle under control, leaned over and whispered some sort of speech about how potty talk is rude and not ok outside of the bathroom.  I quickly finished paying and got out of that store as quickly as possible.  How embarrassing!

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, I bet the people in line behind you went home and told their friends that story. You probably gave them a laugh during an otherwise stressful shopping trip. :)

    ReplyDelete