Wednesday 28 December 2011

L's Made-With-Love Christmas Present

A few months ago I came accross a webpage that had the idea to convert an old entertainment unit into a play kitchen for kids.  I loved the idea and I hadn't had a new project in a long time.  So, after looking on kijiji for a while I found this entertainment unit.


It was in super great shape so I didn't need to paint the entire unit.  My Dad helped me cut the door for the fridge and cut a piece to fill the whole in the back.  Then I painted all the doors with chalkboard paint, installed them and put on handles.  The fridge and cupboard open up sideways but the stove opens up and down just like a real stove.  Then we cut a hole for the sink (a $2 bowl from the dollarstore) and mounted the elements (another dollarstore find).  Then after a little paint and some curtain sewing it was complete.  I think it turned out really cute and I hope L has many years of fun playing with it.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, good work!! She'll have lots of fun with it, and probably T will too! Both of our kids love our play kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - this is awesome!! Great job! What a neat way to make a good-quality kitchen for your kids.

    ReplyDelete